We will be running two Exploring with Happy Christmas Trains on Saturday November 29th.
Both trains are pajama trains. We encourage both children and adults to wear their PJ’s as families will have the opportunity to have their photos made with Santa at the Van Buren Depot. Please arrive 1 hour prior to train departure for photos.
The Lunch Train will depart at 11:00 a.m. round trip from Van Buren to Winslow, Arkansas, - lasting around 2 1/2 hours round trip
The evening Dinner Train will depart at 5:00 p.m. Round Trip from Van Buren to Chester, Arkansas, and last approximately 2 hours round trip.
All children regardless of age will require a ticket for meal counts and safety reasons. All tickets must be paid for at time of reservation.
Vista Dome $80 Adult
Vista Dome $80 Child 12 & Under
First Class $70 Adult
First Class Child $70 Child 12 & Under
Hors d'Oeuvres Car $70 Adult
Hors d-Oeuvres Car $70 Child 12 & Under
Box Lunch Car $60 Adult
Box Lunch Car $50 Child 12 & Under
Coach $40 Adult
Coach $30 Child 12 & Under
Tickets can be purchased at the Arkansas & Missouri Railroad Depot or by calling 800-687-8600
* Operation Christmas Child’s mission is to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to the needy children across the globe working together to share the good news of Jesus Chris
Operation Christmas Child has gifted more than 100 million shoeboxes for needy boys and girls in 138 countries since 1993.
Operation Christmas Child National Collection Week is November 17 –24.
Things you can pack in a Shoe Box items: Toys, School Supplies, Hygiene Items, Hard Candy, Personal Note & Photo of Family.
3. Toys- Small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, harmonicas, yo-yo’s, jump ropes, etch-a-sketch, slinky.
4. School Supplies- Pens, pencils & sharpeners, crayons, or markers, stamps & ink pad sets, writing pads or papers, solar calculators, coloring & picture books.
5. Hygiene- Toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap, combs, wash cloths, ect.
* How to pack a shoe box:
1. Use an empty shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift.
2. Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Print out the appropriate boy/girl label by downloading the artwork to the right. Mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box.
3. Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child. Use the gift ideas provided on the bottom of this page.
4. Please donate $7 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online by using our “Follow Your Box Donation” option, or you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the gift items inside your box. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.
5. Place a rubber band around each closed shoe box and drop it off at the collection center nearest you during our collection week, November 18-25, 2013. For locations and hours of collection visit our Drop-Off Locations page where you can find the nearest place to take your shoe box by entering your ZIP Code or you can call 1-800-353-5949. You can also send your shoe box gift to: Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child 801 Bamboo Road Boone, NC 28607.